Jonathan Foley has been an integral part of getting The Conscious Kitchen off the ground and an enormous part of its success! He is also a skilled and enthusiastic bike rider. Here is his message to you…
“Friends and family,
Join me in support of The Conscious Kitchen
I have just started cycling from Bar Harbor Maine to St. Michaels, Maryland and want to use the trip to raise money and awareness for a program that is near and dear to my heart called. The Conscious Kitchen. For those of you who don’t know The Conscious Kitchen is the first 100% organic and non-GMO school lunch program in the country. It is guided by these five terms; Fresh, Local, Organic, Seasonal, and non-GMO and currently serves one school district – the first in the country to be organic, non-GMO; Bayside MLK Academy and Willow Creek Academy in southern Marin County, California.
So what does this have to do with me riding my bike a long way?…Well that’s where you come in.
Here’s how it works…
1. Make a pledge amount now at the start of my ride
2. For the total number of states that I ride through on the trip your initial pledge will be multiplied by this number (states should not exceed 10)
3. At the end of the tour I will tally my states and send you all an email with your adjusted totals and a donation link to the Conscious Kitchen website.
So…if you think I will crash, give up, get bitten by a dog, etc…in the first week I would encourage you to pledge a lot! However if you think that I will make it the whole way then maybe pledge a smaller amount. Whatever you choose just know that this amount will be multiplied by the total states I ride through…so pledge wisely!
If your interested in supporting this incredible program, and want to bet on how far I can make it on my trip then all you have to do is…
1. email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line JJ Bike Tour for the CK
2. Tell me your name, initial pledge amount, and any words of wisdom for the road.
I will keep you all updated with pictures and videos from the road, and then at the conclusion of the tour I will email you back with your adjusted totals and a donation link to The Conscious Kitchen.
Thank you all!”