We are thrilled to announce the launch of the 2015 Conscious College Road Tour starting TODAY. Over the next six weeks, our Turning Green team will travel to 15+ college campuses across the country, bringing messages of sustainability, action, and advocacy, as well as best-in-class safe, ethical products. We will engage thousands of dedicated students, our future leaders in a greener, more conscious way of life. The past three years of the road tour have been inspiring and impactful… we cannot wait to see how this year will unfold.
Here is a video summarizing our most recent tour…
What’s it all about?
On each campus, dedicated student leaders are mobilizing their campus and students and community in preparation for the road tour stop. Each day boasts a Conscious Information Station with tables focused on ‘body/wellness,’ ‘food,’ ‘zero waste,’ ‘style,’ ‘clean,’ ‘space,’ and ‘hemp’ that provide facts, graphics, demonstrations, and samples about the transition from conventional to conscious. Thanks to our team of awesome partners, many of whom will be with us on the tour, this event will be fabulous!
Our evening Town Hall Meeting brings together students across disciplines, diverse faculty, and school leaders to focus attention on a relevant, sustainability project to be developed on campus. This event lays out a clear plan for action, ensuring a community-wide ripple effect that continues long after the road tour.
Conscious College Road Tour Schedule 2015
- 3/24 Chico State University, Chico, California
- 3/26 Rice University, Houston, TX
- 3/30 Belmont University, Nashville, TN
- 4/1 Jackson State University, Jackson, MS
- 4/6 University of Minnesota Minneapolis, MN
- 4/8 Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY
- 4/10 Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- 4/13 University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- 4/16 University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AK
- 4/20 Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- 4/22 George Washington University, Washington, DC
- 4/24 New York, NY
- 4/27 University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- 4/29 University of Idaho Moscow, ID
- 5/1 Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
“I can’t wait to hear from the Skidmore College community about what eco-conscious changes they would like to see made on our campus at the Town Hall Meeting. Saving the world matters to me because we only have ONE and we need to protect it for the sake of future generations.”
-Danielle Schoen, Turning Green VP External Affairs
In addition to demonstrating the many tangible ways that students can get involved at school, we will facilitate several social media campaigns and contests to deepen exploration of conscious living.